Following last week’s announcement by the government that gyms and leisure centres can re-open from 25th July we thought it would be useful to provide you, the customer, with as much information as possible to ensure your return to fitness is as safe and “hassle free” as possible.
This is obviously going to be a brand new learning curve for everyone, staff and customers alike. Therefore, we would just like to ask you all to bear with us as we find our feet in this ‘new normal’. We have been working hard over the last few months to ensure we follow government guidelines as much as possible and put several measures in place to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission within the arena. However, things may not work perfectly at first and no doubt the guidelines will change from the current position so please be respectful to both staff and other customers during your time at the arena as we are all trying our best.
Below is all the information you will need initially to enable you to start to use the fitness suite again from 25thJuly. However, if you have any questions once you have read the details you can always contact the Arena manager, Jez King, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0115 9150108.
Please note: All of the guidelines listed below including the fitness suite capacity, session times, number of sessions permitted per week and time frame for booking will be under constant review and may be changed accordingly at any point.
25th July 2020
- Booking in advance to use the fitness suite is compulsory. This is to ensure only the right number of members turn up to use the fitness suite at any one time and to assist with the NHS track and Trace service. We will follow the rules and guidance according to GDPR and your details will be stored correctly and safely for the 21 day period set out by the government and then destroyed,
- As it stands bookings can be made by calling the Arena on 0115 9150108 between 9.00am-5.00pm Monday -Friday from 20th July onwards, visiting the Arena from 25th July onwards,
- Bookings will be taken on a first come first served basis. We can take a reserve list in case of cancellations if requested,
- A maximum of 2 members from the same household can be booked by 1 member at any one time,
- A maximum of 5 persons in total per session will be permitted entry to the fitness suite,
- A maximum of 4 sessions per week may be booked by any one member,
- Each session will last up to 1 hour in duration (including warm up, workout and cool down),
- Each member is only permitted to book sessions a maximum of 1 week in advance (for example if you want to make a booking on a Wednesday you can only book your session/s up to the following Tuesday) ,
- Session times:
Monday-Friday – 7.30-8.30am, 9.00-10.00am, 10.30am-11.30pm, 12.00-1.00pm, 4.00-5.00pm, 5.30-6.30pm, 7.00-8.00pm, 8.30-9.30pm
Saturday & Sunday – 8.00-9.00am, 9.30-10.30am, 11.00am-12.00pm, 12.30-1.30pm
There will be a 30 minutes gap between sessions to allow staff members to carry out essential cleaning and to ensure there is no crossover of members between sessions
- In order to enable as many members as possible to access the fitness suite members who book sessions and fail to show up without 24 hours prior notification before their allocated session time will be charged £4.00 before any future bookings can be made (other than in exceptional circumstances). Cancellations must be made by calling 0115 9150108 or emailing email@example.com
- If you paid your standing order or monthly cash payment in March and have since cancelled your standing order you will not have to make a payment for the remainder of July. However, you must make a new monthly payment for August on 1st August,
- If you continued to pay your standing order part way or throughout our closure you can still claim a refund for the months of April, May, June and July. To request a refund you must send your account details (Account name, number and sort code) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively give the above information to a staff member on your first visit. Refunds will only be available up to the end of August. 2020. Again, if you cancelled your standing order part way through the closure you will need to make your first new payment on the 1st August,
- To adhere to the guidelines and avoid as much contact as possible between staff and customers we will be taking as little cash as possible. Therefore, we request that all future payments (monthly or per session) should be made by standing order, bank transfer or card payment prior to the session in order to minimise the amount of cash handled. We now accept all major credit/debit cards, Apple Pay and Google pay,
- Users will not be allowed entry to the fitness suite without payment prior to the session.
- Please do not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes prior to your booking start time. You will not be allowed entry to the arena before this time,
- Please queue respectfully in a socially distanced manner (2 metres apart) outside the entrance doors to the arena along the front of the building,
- A staff member will take your temperature via an infrared thermometer and complete a quick screening questionnaire for each individual prior to entering the Arena. Questions asked are:
- Have you been in contact with anyone with or suspected of having COVID-19 in the last 48 hours?
- Has anyone in your household had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you been advised to self-isolate due to an infection within another setting?
- Do you have a new persistent cough?
- Have you had any loss of taste or smell?
- Do you have any underlying health conditions that would put you at further risk should you contract COVID-19?
- Cardiovascular problems
- High blood pressure
- Chronic kidney or liver disease
- Compromised immunity diseases
- Obesity (BMI 40+)
If members answer positively to any of the first 5 questions you will be advised to return home and self-isolate in line with government advice. If you answer yes to question 6 you will be advised to seek medical advice prior to training in the fitness suite.
- Once the screening is complete members will be asked to enter and queue in reception following the one-way system provided. Hand sanitiser is provided at the entrance and must be applied by all customers.
- Each member will be called to the reception desk one by one to fill in any necessary paperwork, sign in using their contactless membership card and make payment where necessary. Once members attendance has been registered electronically they may enter the fitness suite.
- Before your first session you will be required to sign and date a rules and regulations document to agree to abide by the rules set out within this information. An exact copy of the form will be posted on the website later this week. In order to speed up the entry process please take time to read the information prior to your first visit so you just need to sign the form when you arrive. Alternatively print a copy, sign it and bring it with you on your first visit.
Toilets and changing rooms
- Members must arrive “gym ready” as changing rooms, showers and lockers will not be available for use except for participants with disabilities or special needs. Please just bring the equipment you need for the session.
- 2 toilets will be available. To access the toilets you will need to enter the sports hall and turn right, follow the one way system that takes you back out of the sports hall and into the corridor where the toilets are situated. If required, please queue following the social distancing signage. A staff member will be able to direct you if necessary.
- Cleaning products are available in each toilet for individuals to use before and after use.
- Toilets will be monitored and cleaned regularly. However, we request that toilet use is kept to a minimum whilst you visit the arena.
Using the Fitness Suite
- Members to enter the fitness suite by the normal entrance and use the one-way system by following directional arrows. Members must not return to Cardiovascular (CV) training room through the opening in the wall but instead travel out of the free weight room following directional arrows and back into the CV room through the normal entrance door,
- Please adhere to the social distancing measures at all times and stay 2 metres apart if you are not from the same household,
- A maximum of 5 persons to use the cardiovascular room, 3 persons to use the free weight room and 3 persons to use equipment that has been moved into the reception area directly outside the fitness suite at any one time,
- Certain groups of resistance machines only to be used by 1 person at any 1 time. EG: Leg Press, Leg Extension, Leg Curl. Signage and floor marking tape is provided to highlight this,
- No partner training or sharing of machines is permitted unless from the same household,
- A maximum time per cardiovascular machine of 30 minutes is permitted,
- A maximum of 5 sets per item of resistance equipment is permitted.
- Circuit training is not permitted. Members must only use 1 machine/group of machines at any one time,
- All members are required to clean each individual machine before and after use, and sanitise their hands regularly during their workout. Anti-bacterial sprays and wipes, disposable blue roll, clothes and hand sanitisers are available within the fitness suite,
- The water machine will not be available for use. Members are required to bring their own drinks or may purchase a drink from the vending machines on site,
- Sweat towels are not to be taken onto the gym floor. This is to ensure that we limit any possible risk of spreading a virus, so all members are asked to only use the wipes and spray available for wiping down equipment. Additional blue roll dispensers have been installed for people to use. Please use the bins provided to dispose of used blue roll or any other litter,
- Members do not have to wear face coverings but for the safety of all members and staff are advised to do so,
- Please do not wear gloves whilst training. Gloves can harbour a high viral load, with easier transfer to multiple surfaces. Washing your hands with soap and using the hand sanitisers before, during and after training is far more effective,
- All internal entrance/exit doors, emergency exit doors in the fitness suite must remain open for ventilation purposes.
Leaving the Arena
- At the end of the session all members are to exit promptly through the emergency exit doors of the room they are in at that point and make their way out of the gate or to the car park. Hand sanitiser is provided at both exit points for use on departure,
- Please do not stay within the grounds of the arena any longer than necessary following your workout as we need to ensure the “coast is clear” for the next group to arrive.
See you all soon
- We hope the above information has helped but if we haven’t answered your questions please do not hesitate to contact us,
- Also, if you feel there are things that we could do differently to make your experience safer or more enjoyable within the guidelines please do not hesitate to provide us with your feedback.
You can see how the new precautions have affected the fitness suite in the gallery.